Tuesday 31 December 2013

Goodbye 2013, Hello 2014

Hello friends,

We made it through the first year of the after-end. In 2012 the world ended, wasn't as bad as everyone had thought it might be, in fact, don't think I really noticed any difference before or after the ended of the world, things were pretty much the same, big difference being of course that we no longer needed to worry about the end of the world. Well, one year is done, and the glorious unknown continues to stare us in the collective face.
Watch it all flow away...

So let's do the obligatory summary of year one. I didn't become a megastar as predicted, which most probably comes down to the fact I didn't try very hard to become a megastar. I did have many exciting musical adventures though, including the fabulous One World festival, being featured on Donny Stax first solo album 'Wasted', recording secret things for next year with the amazing Ashley Carter, laughing and universal theorising with the sublime Truth (whose record BKS Reloaded needed to be downloaded and loved right now - itunes link here), got heaps of Jipsy Magic based loving (their album due early next year, YEA!) and released my painstakingly long in the making animated music video 'Otherwise', a track which was featured on the How Bout That Records Collective Mixtape (download for free here).

Here is that video, the one that took me, my beautiful girlfriend and her sister, over 3 months to make.
Creative things have been done, not as many as I would have liked, but still, stuff got done. The 9-5 working nature of work has proved itself to be a commendable time and energy sponge, soaking up much of my pazzazz as if I were a human battery. We find ways to struggle ever on, it's what we do.

There have been several major things happen this year, but I'm not going to write about them, because other people will, plus, I would only copy and paste some cookie cutter information about the biggest scandals and sexist sandals which is all readily available on the interweb of dreams. The grass, from my current perspective, is getting greener. Let's just put this year down to experience and get stuck into the next one, I'm sure it will be full of more crazy chaos and interesting thing-a-ma-jigs for us all.

This is the final day of my self imposed Blog-a-day-a-thon, I won't be forcing myself to think of something to write about everyday again, it's been fun and I hope that you have enjoyed reading my desperate attempts at page filling. It's time to slip back into the shadows for a while, and build up my next attack plan.

So Goodbye 2013

Hello 2014

Happy New Year everyone

Peace and infinite love
Andy Jackson
Sound advice, thinking in a box is harder coz
you are always just thinking 'why am I in a box?'




No comments:

Post a Comment