Sunday 6 May 2012

Laze (ft N-Jax) from upcoming Debut album

Hello friends,

Once more we peer into the chasm of new songs, where ideas float about like fairies dancing on a volcanoes rim, a place where sounds merge to form musical rainbows. There is a pot of gold at the end of this musical rainbow and it has my name on it, so hands off.

The new track that has been plucked for the blog today is 'Laze' by Donny Stax & [adj], featuring a special guest in the form of N-Jax (my bro). Without further words from me, here it is...


This track is from our multi platinum award winning debut album 'Fine'. There are a handful of songs that have special guest appearances by fellow musicians, and this is the first one of them we are displaying. N-Jax (aka Nick Jackson) came and spent a couple of days with Donny Stax and myself in studio Stax. He provided us with the beautiful guitar lines that are the base of the tune as well as rapping some vocal magic for us on it as well. Nick and I sat and wrote the chorus vocals together, toying around with the "I'm not ...., I just like to ..." bits. We had a big list of the possible rhymes and came up with our parts from that list.

A quick makeshift cover for Laze
On a separate occasion Nick came to the studio to provide the voice for the Astronaut in the future who discovers both Donny Stax & [adj] decomposing on an asteroid. You will have to wait for the album to hear that though...

One final note on 'Laze', it contains a vocal trumpet. We wanted to put a trumpet part in, but couldn't be bothered to find one in the library of sounds, so I stepped into the vocal booth and did it all with my voice. I hope that people listening think it's a real trumpet.

So there you have it, the blog is done, there is no more stuff for you to read here, you will have to go somewhere else on the internet for some more red hot information about the world...

Peace and infinite love

[adj] - Andy D Jackson xx

No comments:

Post a Comment