Sunday 27 October 2013

Doh! - Best laid mice scuppered

Hello friends,

A couple of months ago I thought, hey, wouldn't it be fun to make some kind of scrapbook animated video.

Well, it's ended up feeling more like work then fun. I do enjoy having a bit of drawing time, sure, it's fun to hold your pencil and scribble one out sat at the table. It's even fun to do some colouring, you know, like you once did all the time as a kid. It's the logistics of making some kind of animation that has proved to be the 'work' element to which I previously alluded. I wouldn't mind so much if I had more time to sit around and deal with the annoying technology.

Actually that's not fair, it's not the technologies fault, it wasn't built to take such a beating. Using home grade hardware to scan imagery over and over and over and over again, without so much as a bulb break or chance to stretch it's metaphorical legs, is going to inevitably lead to some kind of meltdown. It's like an office worker being overloaded with responsibility being forced to take on yet another analogy and crumbling under the weight of the metaphorical mess he or she finds themselves in.

What I'm telling you here, is that my scanner has gone to the dogs, put a bet on, and lost a whole heap of money. It's currently being hunted for unpaid loans by some rather shady looking characters who seem like they fell out of a Coen brothers remake of a 1930's broadway musical. I can't do any scanning for now...I have quite literally gone back to the drawing board.

This problem shall be resolved, and I appreciate all the letters you guys have been sending me about how devastated you've been by the loss of the simple pleasure of handwriting a letter to someone. I don't want to rain on anyones parade, but emails are better.

The video will be with you soon, and I also endeavour to update the blog much more frequently once the video isn't sucking up all my free time.

Here is another still from it. The song is still called 'Otherwise', and you can still hear it for free on this very blog, on the last post I did about how long this video is taking. Click here

Peace and infinite love to you all

Andy Jackson (Mr Jackson, [adj], Products of Monkey Love)  

No comments:

Post a Comment