Saturday 25 May 2013

Thank You - lazy online busking part 5

Hello me lovelies,

Continuing on with the online busking, here is 'Thank You' by Alanis Morissette. This song has been in my busking repertoire for a couple of years. It's a simple song to play, with only 3 chords being used for the entire length. Capo 5th fret and then G, D, C for the whole thing.


I saw an amazing singer do a version of this while I was living in Utrecht, it was one of those musical performances that stays with you, and since then whenever I play this song I think back to that night.
Lyrically this song is massive and for a long time it has inspired me to put long complicated words into my own songs and not be afraid to hit up a little philosophy (lyrically). Thank you disillusionment.

Thank you for listening, I love you

Peace and infinite love

Mr Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment