Tuesday 7 May 2013

Scattered Black & Whites - lazy online busking part 1

Hello friends,

It's been a while, sorry about that, I've been busy doing stuff, secret stuff that I haven't been compelled to share with the smiley people of the interweb. There is loads of "stuff" in the pipeline, and once the plumber sorts out a bigger plunger there will be new material gushing into your face (mainly via the ears). How Bout That Records has quite a full release schedule for this year, starting next month with Donny Stax 'Wasted', and I am featured on that several times, as well as the mixtape that will follow a month later.

Until then though, since I haven't put out any video's, or done anything at all internet wise really, I thought I would record some of my busking songs to share. I've done busking for many years now, and  there are some songs which I have played so many times that I could do it with my eyes taped shut while being repeatedly kicked by a gang of midget pirates (you don't see many of them these days). So anyway, I played some of them again, this time in front of a camera, so I could post them to youtube, and then have something to blog about.

So here is part 1, 'Scattered Black & Whites' by Elbow.

I love this song, it's one of my favourite tracks by one of my favourite bands. I've busked several Elbow tracks over time, including 'One Day Like This', 'Open Arms' and 'Not A Job'. Not many people know Elbow that well, but if I busk one of their songs and someone walks by who knows it, I always get a big smile of recognition.

Peace and infinite love

Mr Jackson


No comments:

Post a Comment