Sunday 20 January 2013

Winter adventures - (Greg Kinnear edition)

So friends,
This blog contain 30% Greg Kinnear

Not sure if you know this or not, but I'm working at the moment...in a proper job! Oh yes I am working for the man again, for the first time in a long time. It sucks, it really doesn't suit me, I think I might be allergic to conventional work, but anyway, I gotta do it, I need the money to live. The only real plus about work is that my beauty works in the same place, so we get to see each other sometimes.

I can't tell you about my job because it is super top secret and I am sworn to secrecy (I had to sign a form and everything!), all I can say is that it is basic office work in a warehouse. That's it, I've told you to much, they will be after me soon...

My winter adventures have something to do with this job, hence my mentioning it. On Friday it was scheduled to snow down here (or up here - depending on where you are of course), in the morning I got up as per usual and had coffee and breakfast. There was no snow...yet. As beauty and I left the house and began walking to the station, it was not snowing. We got to work, and it was snowing then. After a few hours at work, we were all sent home because it was snowing heavily. We spent half an hour at the station freezing, watching the trains get delayed more and more (and once, just once, it was un-delayed!, we all screamed "Un-delay, un-delay", but it didn't happen again.) It felt like a trial, a test, man against nature. Nature won and man got very cold and icy wet.

"God damn it Greg, it's snowing everywhere"
... "No need to shout friend, I Kin-hear you just fine"
We managed to get home, faster then the cars in fact. We walked for an hour keeping pace with the cars the whole time. Oh this country is funny when we get a little adverse weather, it all comes grinding to a halt. It's beautiful though, feels like the clouds come down to our level for a bit of down time.

I wrote two songs with my brother Nick in the afternoon, while the snow kept falling. A much better way to spend the time. I tackled the elements and almost lost my toes to ice leprosy, but it was worth it to have the afternoon making music with Nick. One day in the future, Nick and I will write an entire album of songs about Greg Kinnear, it will be the most misunderstood album about a famous person named Greg ever.
"Get me a copy of that album about me now, and also some anti Popeye cream"

Well if you can't hear it, you should Greg Kinnear it...

The two songs we wrote during the blizzard were not Greg Kinnear related, but the improvised versions both before and after the actual writing contained several references to both Greg and Kinnear.

The next day there was still snow everywhere, but this would not deter me from making to trip to Studio Stax and getting two new demos recorded with the help of Mr Donny Stax and Mr Truth. Two whole demos finished in about 5 hours. That might not sound that impressive, but it feels impressive to me, and I'm sure if we asked Greg he would agree. We got sick beats, some sweet strings, layers of guitar and vocals, and a hefty dose of How Bout That to boot.

The year is looking good so far...
isn't it Greg?
"Yeah, yeah it's looking good Andy"












Peace and infinite love
[adj] - Andy D Jackson



No comments:

Post a Comment