Saturday 20 September 2014

Your Decision (no one can tell you what to do)

Hello friends,

So good to see you, I hope everything is going well for you, and if it isn't, then I hope it gets better starting from now. In the wake of the Scottish referendum I have been feeling thoughtful, thinking stuff, letting the old brain have a little rummage through the idea barrel, and something has come hurtling towards the forefront of the mind on a jet propelled magic carpet, and that something was Decisions.
Your Decision...

We all make hundreds of decisions every day, every hour is full of easy to make decisions like 'Should I move my left leg because it is starting to get a bit hurty?' - possible answers: 1. Move my leg to a more comfortable position or 2. Leave my leg where it is being a bit hurty hoping it will just go away on it's own. Simple easy to make decision, we all make them all the time.

Life is also full of big decisions, these are not usually a day to day thing, the cycle of the big decision is based mainly on your direct interactions with life itself. For example, a person living in a log cabin in the middle of a forrest will have big decisions to make regarding daily survival due to a large interaction with the environment around them, while someone living in the middle of a big city will have smaller less life threatening decisions to make on a tighter scale due to heavy interaction with other people (who are all themselves making lots of decisions). If you are surrounded by friends and family and coworkers and cow workers then decisions can easily be taken from you and a tendency to become 'sheep like' occurs. A crowd makes for an easy decision.

Okay, well, I don't really know what this means, and usually when I find myself in such a pickle jar full of pickles I write a song about it to try and find some meaning. This is what I got from this particular riddle - 'Your Decision (No one can tell you what to do)'


Your ability to make your own decisions is what makes you special, and the fact that so many Scottish people voted 'Yes' to independence just goes to show how divided our society truly is, we don't have all the facts, in fact, we don't really have any of the facts, it's all a massive guess based on tiny shreds of information, so forget about it and take charge of your life, because NO ONE can tell YOU what to do, that decision is always completely up to you.

Thank you for reading my blog, you make me feel good about life and the world.

Peace and infinite love

Mr Jackson (Andy, [adj])

No comments:

Post a Comment